Cheryl is a registered Clinical Social Worker with ACSW. She has been working with adults, children, youth & families for more than 20 years in a variety of settings. She believes people can lead a full & happy life while managing trauma, mental health or relationship stress. She strives to empower clients to be the expert in their own lives and that her role is to walk alongside them in their journey.
Cheryl specializes in trauma treatment, mental health treatment, domestic violence, and women’s issues. She enjoys working with professionals who have occupational stress injuries such as; First Responders, social workers, and medical staff. She has a comprehensive understand of the medical model, mental health diagnosis & treatment and extensive training in trauma treatment. She uses evidence based therapy in a relaxed & casual setting.
Cheryl believes in holistic healing. This means helping clients to meet their own emotional, physical, relational, & spiritual needs. She is passionate about partnering with nature, your faith, & animals to create a safe space for you to heal. She likes to think outside the box & ideas of what therapy “should be “. She is eager to hold sessions indoors or outdoors and to have animals join sessions. When available clients may request a session with a therapy dog, a horse or to bring in their own pet for comfort.
- Professional Groups: First Responders, Medical staff, social workers
- Bachelor of Social Work (2010), University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
- Masters of Social Work (2013), University of Calgary, Edmonton, AB
- Associate Degree in Theology (2018), Christian Life Educators Global Network, Spruce Grove, AB
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma-based Play Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Animal Assisted Interventions (AAI)
- Positive Parenting
Insurance & Direct Billing
Cheryl is covered by most insurance plans, however, you will need to confirm coverage prior to the appointment. If you are inquiring, be sure to note that she is a Registered Masters level Social Worker (MSW, RSW).
Cheryl is able to direct bill for clients through the following:
- Alberta Blue Cross
- FNIHB (First Nations Funding)
Please inform Cheryl if you would like to direct bill your insurance.
Availability & Location
- Stony Plain: #103 – 7 Boulder Blvd
- Video sessions in Alberta or North West Territories
She also offers sessions via video counselling.