Jaspreet works with individuals from across the lifespan. She provides counselling to adolescents, children, families, individuals and groups presenting with a large range of clinical concerns such as anxiety, stress, depression, developmental delays, grief and loss, trauma, domestic violence, suicidal ideation, obsessive compulsive disorder and personal development. In her approach to counselling, Jaspreet asks: “How do we improve our quality of life?” ; “How do we find what is missing?”; “How do we figure out what’s missing?”; “Where does that feeling of nothingness come from?” She believes the answer is connection. When we open up and connect with others we allow ourselves the opportunity to see the entirety of the situation or problem. This is the key step towards improving our quality of life because we can’t improve what we can’t fully see. At some point we all realize that a little help and someone to reflect with is simply needed. So many times we try to do it all on our own and yet we are so eager to offer help to others. There are so many ways of thinking that can get us stuck and prevent us from seeing things as they really are. This is why Jaspreet is here, because when we open up and connect with others we allow ourselves the opportunity to see the entirety of the situation or problem. She would like to work together to understand and create what a state of wholeness looks like for you.
- Children (5-12)
- Adolescents (13-18)
- Adult Individual
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (2017); Yorkville University, Fredericton, NB
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology (2013); Bond University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology (2012); Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB
Other Training & Experience
- Suicide Risk
- Triple P Parenting Program
- Aboriginal Awareness & Diversity
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Therapy
- Feedback Informed Therapy (FIT).
Insurance & Direct Billing
Jaspreet is covered by most insurance companies, however you should confirm your coverage with your provider.
Jaspreet is able to direct bill to the following:
- Alberta Blue Cross
- ASEBP (Alberta Teacher’s Association)
- Great West Life
- Medavie Blue Cross (RCMP and Veteran’s Affairs)
- Other insurance companies may also be available
In addition to English, Jaspreet is also able to offer services in Punjabi and has some understanding of Hindi.