Cheryl has years of experience working with children & youth, domestic violence and has a great understand of mental health diagnosis and treatment. She enjoys working with women, couples, families, and mental health concerns.
Cheryl works from a client focused, trauma informed, person in environment perspective. She believes relationships are key factors in resilience, healthy development and our ability to achieve to our full potential. She believes individuals can lead full and happy lives while managing mental health and overcoming hardship, and that attachment is a foundational element to this.
Cheryl believes that her ability to support clients is to work with them to gain an understanding of their behavior in the context of their environment and lived experience. She works with clients to achieve their goals by exploring their strengths and helping them identify their ability to use their internal knowledge to overcome adversity. She believes clients should be seen as the experts in their own lives and that her role is to walk alongside them in their personal journey. She believes in holistic healing including meeting your physical, relational, and spiritual needs. One of her passions is to partner with nature, spirituality, and animals to create a safe place, inviting individuals and families to explore their strengths and vulnerabilities; working with them towards healing, skill development with a future orientation for change.
- Bachelor of Social Work (2010), University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
- Masters of Social Work (2013), University of Calgary, Edmonton, AB
- Associate Degree in Theology (2018), Christian Life Educators Global Network, Spruce Grove, AB
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Circle of Security parenting
- mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT),
- Trauma-based Play Therapy
- Incredible Years Parent Training
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Animal Assisted Interventions (AAI)
- Heart Math Bio-Feedback
Insurance & Direct Billing
Cheryl is covered by most insurance plans, however, you will need to confirm coverage prior to the appointment. If you are inquiring, be sure to note that she is a Registered Masters level Social Worker (MSW, RSW).
Cheryl is able to direct bill for clients through the following:
- Alberta Blue Cross
Please inform Cheryl if you would like to direct bill your insurance.